A NEW BEGINNER CLASS SIGNUP has opened for our 2023 session!
New Beginner Session Starts Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
LESSONS 7 – 9 p.m. (Check in between 6:45 – 7:00 p.m.)
The class will learn 10-12 calls the first night, then add two or three more calls every week, and will complete the course having learned Plus Level calls in western-style square dancing by October.
First lesson is FREE – $5 per person each lesson thereafter. (Paid at the door each week.)
FREE CHILI SUPPER 1/3/23, 6 p.m. – Please R.S.V.P. via email by 12/18/22
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE CLASSES, PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE JANUARY 10TH. Further details will be emailed in December.
Frontier Squares is Loveland's place to square dance. We welcome everyone who wants to learn to square dance!
In addition to square-dancing, two-line dances are taught each week.
Square dancing is choreographed to Modern Country and Pop favorites. We mix it up and make it fun!
Location: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 101 S. Lebanon Road, Loveland, OH 45140
frontiersquaresohio.com / “Like us” on Facebook
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 513-831-1519
In case of inclement weather, watch for “Frontier Squares Dance Club” cancellation on Channel 12 after 5:00 p.m.
INTERSTING LINKS FOR OUR STUDENTS:
- Teaching Plan, January to March - A full list of the calls you'll be learning (Basic, Mainstream, Plus) are here.
- Teaching Plan, April to October
- Taminations: A Smartphone App to help you learn and practice the calls (Apple) (Android)
Greater Cincinnati Dance Federation - new name (as of September 17, 2017) for Southwestern Ohio/Northern Kentucky Square Dancers Federation (SONKSDF):
The Federation was formed in 1961 to represent the dancers in our area. Previously, the dance activity was primarily organized by callers. All local clubs that pay dues to the Federation are asked to send four (4) representatives to six (6) meetings a year (January, March, May, July, September, November). With enthusiastic support of the member clubs, excellent attendance by the club representatives, and outstanding leadership, our Federation has grown and flourished. Note – the term “square dancing” includes round dancing, contra, line dancing and other related arts.
The purposes of the Federation are stated in the By-laws, but here is an overview:
- Exchanging ideas and stimulating active fellowship among the area dance clubs
- Fostering interest in dancing by advertising, planning demonstrations and encouraging classes
- Sponsoring and promoting the Federation Friendship Badge
- Supporting DanceNews (our email communication system)
- Supporting an annual Ohio Dance Convention
- Affiliating with the Ohio Corporation of Dance Clubs, Inc. by sending representatives to their quarterly meetings
- Supporting the Greater Cincinnati Callers and Teachers Association