The concept of the Friendship Badge began in 1964. Originally it was called the Traveling Badge. Many ideas for the shape of the badge were submitted, but the “clasped hands” was chosen and it has remained the same since 1964. The purpose of the badge is to stimulate an active fellowship among the square and round dance clubs within our Federation. The idea caught on and many dancers have earned the badge several times. After the first badge, they do not receive additional new badges, but dangles with the appropriate number on them.
In order to earn your friendship badge, carry the form with you and each time you dance at a club that is a member of the Greater Cincinnati Dance Federation, have a club officer or the club caller sign it.
Give your form to your Federation Representative once it is completed. He/She will turn it in at the next Federation meeting (held every other month) and you will receive your badge. The Federation pays for the badge.
· You must dance at six member clubs of the Greater Cincinnati Dance Federation at their Dangle Dance date.
· An officer or the club caller/cuer must initial your form when you dance at their Dangle Dance.
· Only one form is needed per couple or single.
· When your form is complete, give it to your Federation Representative to turn in at the next Federation meeting.
· Greater Cincinnati Dance Federation pays for the dangle.
· The final date to turn in forms is November 18, 2019.
|5/25/19||Skirts & Shirts||Pam Courts|
|6/6/19||Venus & Mars||Jack Pladdys|
|6/14/19||River Squares||Ken Roberts|
|7/25/19||Beechmont Squares||Gene Record|
|8/9/19||Wheeler Dealers||Gene Record|
|8/18/19||Tandem Squares||Gene Record|
|9/6/19||Frontier Squares||Jack Pladdys|
|9/7/19||Kentucky Kuzzins||Gene Record|